Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm a Beautiful Blogger, Apparently


I have been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by the lovely Amanda at The Blog Jar. Yay! It has taken me so long to repost this because I am struggling to think of 7 interesting things about myself :P

--

The rules:

1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award. - Thanks, Amanda!

2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.

3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.

4) Tell everyone 7 interesting things about myself.

5) Nominate 7 bloggers.

6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.

--

7 interesting things about me:

1) I have a... not so much a scar as a slit or small opening... on my tongue. When I was in high school I had one of those Cry Baby lollipops and it literally cut my tongue open, it was so sour.

2) I have fully attached earlobes. According to my high school biology teacher, this is a recessive trait that is rare. When she tallied the class, I was like 1 in 2 kids out of 30 who had them. Or maybe I was the only one. I don't remember, it was almost 12 years ago.

3) I attended Beatlefest two years in a row. I was one of the youngest people there but certainly not alone. There were kids running around in Sgt. Pepper costumes.

4) I met Fiance online. Practically everyone in my life knows this, and no one in his. He comes from a different culture that is a bit wary of things like that. (Ours is too, depending on who you talk to!)

5) Perhaps 9 years ago I tried my hand at a recipe I found on the internet for a pecan dessert (it's pie-esque) made with Ritz crackers. It was such a wild hit that I have made it every year since and it is still a hit everywhere I bring it. (Case in point, a Christmas party I just went to on Dec. 23.) I don't like taking credit for the pie since it was an internet recipe and is super easy but people go crazy for it.

6) I asked Kid Sister #1 for an interesting thing about me, and she said, "You like to travel around the world."

7) Same question to Kid Sister #2, who is very literal. "You're wearing a silk pajama top over a t-shirt and sweatpants, and striped fuzzy socks."

--

Now, time for my 7 nominations:

1 comment:

Crystal Ross said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats. :) Love the blogs you suggested, too