Saturday, June 13, 2009

I have not been writing because, for once, there is a ton of important stuff going on in my life, but I don't feel at liberty to discuss it on a public blog. We shall see if I decide to reveal any of it. (Ooh, will I have you coming back for more with this little cliffhanger?)

I have been wanting to go to church for weeks now. During the week I pick out a church (Episcopalian, of course), get all excited, and talk about going. I am set on going until Sunday morning, when something stops me. I just don't want to go, and I have a hard time believing it's pure Sunday laziness. I wonder what is drawing me to church on weekdays but repelling me when the time actually comes? Is this something I will get over soon, or will I never make it back?

My great uncle passed away a few days ago. I was so upset when I heard the news about his cancer but since I have been filing it away and ignoring my feelings. Therapist says that this habit of mine guarantees a long, drawn-out grieving process - not only in this case but over other losses as well - but I'm not ready to give it up yet.

And how are all of you?

No comments: