Sunday, June 12, 2005

More

Kid Sister is the coolest. Today she was talking to Mother about how God made her and everyone else. Then she asked, "With what?" Mother tried to explain that God just thought it and it came to be in child-like terms. Kid Sister put her face really close to Mother's, looked deep into her eyes and asked, "What are you talking about??" It was hilarious. Mother looked over at me and said, "Well, actually, He spoke and things came into existence, right? He said Let there be light and there was light." I shrugged. She asked, "What are you shrugging for? You know this stuff!" I shrugged again.

Sister is something else as well. I picked her up from wherever she was hanging out tonight and I was playing WOW 2005 in the car. I said, "I'm sorry I always make you listen to Christian music" and she shrugged. We started talking about one of the songs - More by Matthew West - and I said that I think it's one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Then I said, "I wonder why I still listen to this music since..." and she interjected, "Since you became an atheist?" She has called me an atheist several times before (once in anger and I don't think she was joking that time) but I'm sure she was joking tonight. I told her once again that I am not an atheist, "I just have problems." She started cracking up, but I was serious.
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for Me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

No comments: