Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I don't know if it is leftovers from the hurricane that totally didn't hit us, but temperatures have dropped in the good old former Lone Star Republic (tee hee). I had to wear a light jacket and pants today - pants! I've been wearing tank tops and shorts forever. Just last week it was in the high 90s, if not 100... I don't know, I've stopped looking at the weather. It's always the same temperature-wise, so what's the point? :) Everyone is rejoicing in this break from the heat, though who knows how long it will last.

You know your life is boring when the most exciting thing to talk about is your lack of sleep. It's not like I'm not doing anything from day-to-day, just very little that all of you would be interested in. I've been watching a lot of TV and movies, which isn't something I normally do, but I think I really just need to shut down at the end of the day. I've also been working on my writing, which takes up a lot of time.

The job search is not going very well. I am disappointed because, especially when it comes to the typical entry-level person, I feel highly qualified for what I am applying for. I mean, 3 years experience at real organizations with real responsibilities right out of the gate. I don't know if it is the bad economy or just the fact that I can only put so much effort into it, but it has yielded a whole lot of nothing so far. I'm not going to give up, but I am also coming to terms with the fact that I am comfortable where I am (despite annoying sexism) and with what I make (despite the fact that, in a perfect world, I'm worth more). My job has very little stress and after 8 hours I get the hell out. There is no working late, there is no weekend project to take home, nothing. At this point in my life, where I am trying to keep my head above water in terms of emotional health, it fits me very well. So while I will continue to look for better, I'm not ready to make this priority #1. I'm just not.

1 comment:

cheekynomad said...

a job tha's just good enough. i kinda want that sometimes