Thursday, May 22, 2008

Inching our way towards the weekend... :) I can't wait, even if I do nothing but lay around, drink red wine and read good books.

The bosses are out on vacation and New Boss put me in charge of our newest marketing campaign. It's a lot of work but it keeps me busy and it is nice to be trusted with something important. He has just given me a new title, actually, and switched me over to being salaried rather than hourly. Good things in store after my anniversary and performance review in September.

This morning I spent some time looking at a photo of Father and I that is currently on the desktop of my laptop. I was four or five years old, dressed up for church or something, with a white dress on and hair teased very high (it was the 80s - my mother did that to me often). We were sitting on the couch of the first apartment I can remember, one that I haven't seen since my 6th birthday. We looked very happy.

I still can't grasp the fact that people can just up and leave, and you will never see them again so long as you live. What if you forgot to tell them something? What if there was something you had been meaning to ask?

Speaking of which, I met with New Therapist the other day. She seems like a good fit for me. I wasn't in love with her but I remember not being in love with my first therapist in the beginning either, and we developed a great relationship and she helped me a lot. So I am not too worried about that. She said a few things that, even in our first session, made me see things in a different way and think a lot. This is a good thing.

No comments: