Monday, August 11, 2008

Ah, Mondays. Everyone is sad to see the weekend go. For my part, I had a really nice, restful weekend. On Friday night, we had a friend over and watched "The Namesake." Shame on me because I have never actually read it, but I thought the movie was well done. I imagine the novel is even better, as that is usually how it goes.

Saturday we went to the gym and hung around. I spent some time in the library *grin* and some time knitting *grin again*.

Yesterday we did food shopping and the gym once again. I watched a Chinese movie called "Dam Street" that I really liked. More knitting. More lounging. There was also some watching of the Olympics and chomping of TCBY frozen yogurt.


You know, I never really got into the Olympics before, but it is really entertaining. I have been watching swimming, diving and gymnastics. I can't believe people can actually do stuff like that (especially gymnastics). Seriously. I hearken back to my days in a forced high school gymnastic class where they set up uneven bars and rings and pummel horses and balance beams and expected us to morph into Olympians. Yeah right. I sat around every period because there was nothing else I could do. They gave me a mercy pass at the end of semester.

No comments: