Saturday, February 02, 2008

Boyfriend and I needed new wine glasses (I'm clumsy), so I bought two new ones yesterday. Instead of the plain glass ones, I was inspired to buy glasses with pink and gold stripes. They are gorgeous and were still pretty cheap.

I'm learning to spoil myself. I think it's important for people to do this, especially women, who are always doing for others. It is considered unfeminine to seek out your own happiness.

Small things like pink and gold stripes make me happy.

Cool Aunt gave me a scrapbooking kit for my birthday. I've never scrapbooked before but I have always wanted to! I was so excited when she gave it to me. I haven't had time to create yet, but I did print out some of my favorite photos for the purpose. I also used the materials to create a hand-made, personalized birthday card for my father. It contained a photo of us when we were so young - I was about ten so he was about thirty-three. We were sitting on our couch singing a song. Our mouths are open and we look like we're having the time of our lives. He has a bit of a beard - had to be winter - and I am wearing a really ugly pink sweater with yellow polka dots. I love the picture.

I pasted little messages around the picture, saying things like "Remember?" I mailed it to him with his presents (Dallas Cowboys shirts - he has always been a Dallas fan) and he really liked it. They tacked it up onto his wall for him.

So I am looking forward to scrapbooking now that I seem to have more time to play with. I had an idea of taking pictures of places associated with my book memories. Those are powerful places for me ... I figure I can write in all the titles around the pictures. I had this idea yesterday and am pretty excited about it.

I think my creative self is anxious to get out and play.

1 comment:

Andi said...

The self-pampering is definitely a good idea. I try to do a few little things like that for myself around paycheck time. :) Your glasses sound beautiful.

And your scrapbooking idea is wonderful!