Wednesday, March 05, 2008

There are men banging the top of a ladder against my window. It is creeping me out.

I think they're window washers, as I received a company-wide email concerning this, but really - freaky.

In other news, I have lowered my rate of sugar consumption substantially. Just to give you an idea of how your body adjusts to such things: Last week, I had a piece of cake on Monday evening. It was a colossal slice of Red Velvet cake, and wouldn't even say I ate 1/3 of it. That would be generous. Maybe 1/4? Each bite was so sweet I had to chug water. Then I just pushed it away. On Friday afternoon we had Cake Day in the office. I had one small slice of cake - ONE! - and wanted to puke all afternoon.

I am also completely 100% done with coffee because I realize that I need a ton of half and half and sugar to make it taste good. If I only put two sugars in, it is bitter, so I'm like what's the point? Now I drink tea with a bit of half and half and 1 sugar, and I like it just fine.

Today Boyfriend sent a yogurt in with me to supplement my lunch. I never knew before that I should only be having 40-50 grams of sugar a day, but I know now. The yogurt - one little yogurt! - contains 27 grams of sugar. Geez Louise, like I'm gonna waste more than half my daily sugar on yogurt, which I don't even really like?

This morning and yesterday morning I have had wicked cravings for orange juice, which is probably me missing sugar. I rarely drink orange juice so that seems the only rational explanation. But 22 grams of sugar in 1 cup - no thanks.

I know I sound psychotic but my maternal grandmother is going into the hospital for end-stage renal failure. Her kidneys are shot to hell from... what? Diabetes. That runs in our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope ur grandma is ok. i'll pray.

Anonymous said...

you will eat what i give you!!!!!!!!!!!!


:)