Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm in the midst of a Beatles listen-a-thon that is a total throwback to my teen years. I can just see 16-year-old me walking to school with a cheap discman hanging out of a backpack pocket, bobbing my head.


Wait till I come back to your side, we'll forget the tears we've cried...


Best Friend and I sprawled on my living room couch after school, watching the Anthology DVDs, or occasionally "Yellow Submarine."


You know that what you eat you are, but what is sweet now turns so sour...


Telling her that "In My Life" is going to be the song I play at my wedding. Someday.


Some are dead and some are living... In my life, I've loved them all...


17 years old. Sitting on a swing at the local park in the dark of night. Crying my eyes out that George Harrison is dead, and he is never coming back. And why? And how can I ever watch "A Hard Day's Night" again?


With every mistake we must surely be learning...
Still my guitar gently weeps...


Yesterday Therapist told me that I am wrong. It does get easier. It takes a long time, but you do accept it. It really will be okay.


Though I know I'll never lose affection
for people and things that went before,

I know I'll often stop and think about them...
In my life, I love you more.


No comments: