Friday, October 17, 2008

A slight chill has actually come to Texas, and I woke up cold this morning because our fan was on very high. I also woke up about a half hour early because Miss Cat was hungry. She proceeded to walk all over us and meow in our faces. I would have been annoyed if she wasn't so cute.

It's one of those gray, chilly days where all I want to do is go home after work, get into pajamas and lie in bed with my cat while I knit or read or do whatever it is I feel like doing. In fact, I think I will.

Last night Boyfriend and I went to a cajun restaurant. I got Jamaican Jerk chicken that just tasted like regular grilled chicken. It was good, but I had been expecting some seasoning. The fries were "cajun-style" though, and we had beignets for dessert. I had been describing zeppoles to Friend From Work about a week ago when he said, "No, I've never had them, but they sound like beignets." When I saw them on the menu I knew we had to try them. They don't hold a candle to zeppoles. Zeppoles are fat and doughy -- they are essentially deep fried doughnuts dipped in powdered sugar. The beignets I had last night had the exact same taste, but they were thin and empty on the inside, nothing to bite into and savor. Sorry, New Orleans.

2 comments:

cheekynomad said...

jerk does not taste like grilled chicken, once i move into my new neighborhood, i'll take u out for some real jerk chicken

sojourness said...

I figured.