Monday, December 10, 2007

According to Anita's website, my goddess birth sign is Demeter. What does this say about me? Well, Demeter was very maternal - remember how crazy she went when her daughter, Persephone, was abducted? She also controls the harvest and some such. Does that mean I'm earthy? I definitely think I'm maternal, though I'm not a mother yet.

That was kind of random but I was puttering around her site. It's fun and inspiring, though I don't necessarily buy everything.

We got a new person in Sales today, though I hadn't heard anything about it. I guess when you miss a day you fall out of the loop :P One of our Sales guys just came over and introduced her to me, saying, "This is Sojourness, the only Marketing person who comes in before 10:00." Hee hee.

I am thinking of checking out the local poetry slams. I wrote something last night that could be a slam piece, though I am not bold enough to be a slam performer. I figure I should go and listen and maybe I can get up courage to perform my piece in the future. After all, I never thought I would be able to read "regular" poetry in front of people but I do it now with some degree of ease. Some things you just have to force yourself to do, and they are so rewarding.

No comments: