Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sick again. Why do I get sick every time I come home, huh? I don't know what brought it on... worsening allergies, sleeping with my pie hole open in the dry air... but yeah, it's bad.

I have had the good fortune to see some of my friends while here at home. On Saturday, Boyfriend and I had lunch with Bro and Bro's Best Friend (who is also a friend of mine, but I don't remember giving him an alias on here - Bro, any ideas?). Bro gave me a book of slave narratives that he had to buy for an African-American course that he eventually dropped. Frederick Douglass, Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, Olaudah Equiano ... too bad no Sojourner Truth, eh? ;)

Since I took Kid Sister #1 to lunch with me on Sunday, I took Kid Sister #2 to dinner with me, Childhood Friend & High School Friend last night. I wasn't feeling well so they came to my neighborhood rather than vice versa, and we had a great time. They are both teachers and they were so good with K.S.! She's normally very shy but she loved them, and warmed up so quickly. Afterwards they hung out at my house for a short while, seeing Baby Sister for the first time and getting a chance to say hello to K.S. #1, Sister and Mother. Lovely evening. Thank God I felt better yesterday than I do today!

1 comment:

WOLVERINE said...

D's as good as any. Or Dr. Dipshit. :D