Monday, May 28, 2007

The holiday weekend is at its end. These things tend to go quickly, but I feel like this one lasted a nice while. Boyfriend and I went shopping, out to eat, to the movies (Shrek the Third ... nothing like a movie theater full of children), eccetera. I didn't get as much studying done as I would have liked but I did catch up on the Tudors! Yes, these are my priorities.

Cool Aunt called me yesterday and we talked for like an hour or two. It was great man. She and I have a lot in common, and she cracks me up. I am supposed to go visit her when I am back home (she lives out of state, but not too far) and she is thinking of visiting us here.

And on that note, Sister is coming here on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it. I am just trying to plan and determine what kinds of things I want to drag her to when she arrives :)

--

I feel slightly guilty (though not much) for succumbing to the Disney Store. They had a 3 for $25 sale and I got three complete sleeping/pj sets (t-shirts and shorts) for all three little sisters. That sale was made for ME, man. I was giddy like a school girl in there. I got for the twins and then a teeny one for the baby. I got Jasmine for the baby, since she's half Hispanic. I know Jasmine is Middle Eastern, but nonetheless, I was/am proud of myself for not blindly buying her an Aryan anorexic bimbo to look up to (like I did for the others, ha!). Why exactly am I so proud? I don't know... I feel like it is somehow my aim in life to not contribute to the child's whiteness.

Does that make me weird?

No comments: