Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Random

I really love bulleted lists. When I use them, I don't have to make up transitions between things that have nothing to do with each other.

* A new massage place opened in my neighborhood, and they offer a 40-minute full body massage for $10. I was like, holy crap. I have wanted a massage for a while but they're so damn expensive. So I went, and it turns out that it wasn't a massage from a person. It was a bed you lay in, fully clothed, for 40 minutes. (This was music to Boyfriend's ears.) It was great. I started fantasizing about vacations with lakes and gazebos, which was weird because I never consciously think about places like that.

* Yesterday I went to meet with the two heads of the office at my college that deals with scholarships, fellowships, internships, job fairs, etc. They know me fairly well because of my fellowship. I wanted to let them know that I was back home to stay (until I leave for Italy) and also that I have seriously been considering some things. I thought they were going to be upset - even if they didn't show it - because the main things I wanted to run by them was the possibility of leaving the honors program, going to school part-time while working from now on, and doing a semester away at another school. They seemed to think all three were great ideas. Shocked the hell out of me. I mean, they didn't say, "Leave the honors?? Why didn't we think of that before?? That's marvelous!" But after I explained my reasons, they agreed that they were not only valid reasons, but that these are the best choices I could be making. It was bizarre, but I was very happy to have their support. Let's see if the people in the honors program are as delighted.

* I keep having weird-ass nightmares, and it's pissing me off. Last night I dreamed that in the middle of a big party we were throwing, my uncle (although in the dream it was not my uncle, but rather someone who looked frighteningly like Christopher Lloyd) boomed, in a loud voice, "What is April 17?" And I responded, "Lincoln's assassination." (I was only off by a few days.) Then he looked at me and said, "That's right." And he killed himself.

3 comments:

WOLVERINE said...

1.21 jigawatts?! 1.21 jigawatts?!

Yeah, that's freaky weird. Might be all that vegetarianism screwin' with yer brain. I recommend 2 cheeseburgers an' call me in th' mornin'.

sojourness said...

lol... I have been craving cheeseburgers lately, but have not and will never succumb!!

WOLVERINE said...

Oh just give in to th' meaty goodness. I'd kill myself if there were no burgers.