Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Smile Like You Mean It

Good mood people! I went to the doctor today and it turns out that I have lost eleven pounds since the fall. Which is not a lot because the fall was a long time ago, but I haven't always been on track with my fitness, so it surprised the hell out of me. I also have an interview next week for a clerical position at the ... dum dum dum! ... library. Talk about a great place for me to work ;) And you know what else? My old boss from the internship I did two years ago told me that her sister lives in Paris and would love to show me around and give me a place to stay if I visit while in Europe. I am getting seriously excited now. I even got my passport in the mail after it made a fun trip around the country.

I'm not so happy that Sister and her boyfriend broke up the other night. At first I thought it was just one of their blowouts, and that they would make up soon after, but they are both sticking to it even though they have made up in the sense that they are talking as friends. Perhaps my sister has learned the valuable lesson of not tattooing a guy's name to your body after being with him for six months. But I really like Sister's Boyfriend (um, now Sister's Ex?), he's a sweetheart. Quite sad.

4 comments:

WOLVERINE said...

Wow, after all that just to fizzle out? And you wonder why I fear fer my marriage...

Anonymous said...

good luck at the library

sojourness said...

I know Wolv. I've been thinking, "What if Boyfriend gets tired of me one day?" ever since they broke up :(

Thanks fp.

WOLVERINE said...

Eh, breakin' up's a normal part of life. We'll sulk fer a while, maybe suffer from some depression, you'll go cry to yer friends, I'll become more of a recluse, an' then we'll get over it an' move on.

Such is life. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen. Just gotta enjoy th' ride.

Oh, an' next time ya come on IM me...need an important opinion.