Monday, June 11, 2007

The weekend is over, and as it came to a close, so did the Sopranos (and the Tudors, but that will be back next year).

*Spoiler*

What can I say about the finale? I was terrified the whole way through, worried about what would happen. I was happy with it because I would have been flummoxed if anything had happened to that family, though Boyfriend thought it was too neat, that nothing happened to them, their adversary was caught, and all is well with the world. I dunno. The scene between Tony and Junior nearly led me to tears. I thought it was beautiful. I also thought it was going to end with just Tony and Carmela in the booth, with Journey playing, and that would have been nice for me. I didn't need the kids or anything else.

Other than that, we took Sister out for lunch, we went to the mall and did some shopping, and Boyfriend and I hit a museum. That's about it. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. The heat is making me irritable, though, which sucks because I will have to adjust this summer and not be a psycho bitch to Boyfriend.

Sister is leaving tomorrow, and for some reason, that made me cry last night. She didn't see me, thankfully; it was after we had all gone to bed. I don't know why I got so emotional. If she were to stay, she would get on my nerves. I just felt terribly lonely last night. I have felt like I don't have a family anymore for a long time now. If I could have her stay another month or so - even though the apartment is small, even though she is incredibly indecisive and won't agree to anything, and even though her stupid punk rock ringtones are both loud and obnoxious - I would jump at the chance.

No comments: