Thursday, August 23, 2007

I have begun using a calorie counting tool online and it is working really well for me. In the last two days I managed to burn around 300 more calories than I consumed. If I can just do that every day it will slowly and surely come off.

I have arranged for a Saturday night hangout with Artsy Friend, which I am pretty jazzed about. I watch Sex and the City episodes and I get bummed about not being surrounded by estrogen. I'm used to that, you know, in my family. I have two awesome female friends in town that I have to start making plans with more often. So Saturday! Girls night out! Frozen margaritas baby!

So I keep telling myself, Okay, I'm going to focus on banging out my classes and stop taking on freelance writing jobs. But I can't stick to it. It's not just that I'm incapable of saying 'no,' but I am incapable of not going out and searching the boards and soliciting people to hire me. It's just too tempting. I mean, if I see that someone will pay me $50 for an article it will take me a half hour to write it... damn it, I'm going to do it. And gigs like that are few and far between, which means I work my tail off to get and keep them. I try to tell myself I will take it out of my 'leisure time' but I don't think I have any of that anymore!

No comments: