Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Place For My Head

I'm sitting on Boyfriend's deck in shorts. It was 82 today. The sun is setting and I hear birds chirping. Birds. Chirping. It's like the most relaxing thing I've ever experienced.

I've decided that I'm not the type of person who should live in a cold place. I mean, when I left home, my hands were bleeding because I didn't put my gloves on fast enough!

Aside from the weather, it is crazy here. The fact that it's so not crazy is crazy. When I was home, I had exciting things going on, but I was too overwhelmed to be excited about them. Thinking about doing something new and stimulating only made me tired. But here, there is nothing to stress me out, so I can enjoy things again. Simple things. It's great, I tell you.

I know that I have to start hauling ass on the whole find-a-local- counselor thing but honestly, I don't even want to think about problems right now. Who wants to talk about car accidents and confusing family setups? I sure as hell don't. But, I know it's the right thing to do, so I'll do it. I guess.

This is the good life: Reading. Undergoing training for volunteer work. E-mailing updates to professors and friends. Speaking to myself in Italian. Eating Boyfriend's cooking. Taking pictures of everything. Blogging. Talking to friends and family on the phone. Sleeping. Knowing that I don't have to do anything if I don't want to, and consequently, wanting to. Taking walks. Going to a gigunda library. Eating better (Valentine's chocolates aside). Writing.

I think this was a very good idea.

No comments: