Saturday, February 04, 2006

Raise Your Glasses

I lost my glasses last night. Those of you who wear glasses will realize what a travesty this is.

My prescription isn't even that strong compared to others but I was so lost without them. I was supposed to get stronger ones two months ago, but because of a mistake with my insurance, I couldn't get them until 2006 came along. So, lately, I had been getting headaches from the strain on my eyes, and I had been taking my glasses off often (I don't usually take them off ever). Well, I took them off and put them somewhere but I still can't find them.

I couldn't watch TV, I couldn't go online, and... I couldn't read! It was terrible. I went to bed at 9:30 just so I wouldn't have to think about it.

This morning I was forced to skip a fellowship seminar in order to run straight to the eye doctor. Fortunately, I was able to get my new glasses TODAY and I have been so happy that I have been reading practically all day. I began Big Fish - a 21st birthday gift from the Traveler that I still hadn't gotten to yet! - and finished it tonight. I haven't read an entire book in one day in a long time. Granted, it's not all that long, but still. It was very good, too. I can't wait to watch the movie (I own it but haven't watched it because I was instructed to read the book first. Do you see what influence Trav has over me?).

I also watched Shakespeare in Love for the first time, and I may be a sucker for historical cheese, factual or not, but I fell in love with this movie. *Sighs*

1 comment:

cheekynomad said...

I am so touched that you actually waited!