Sunday, February 26, 2006

Up and Down

Okay, I feel better now. It's always up and down with me, which is really frustrating. I think the person who suffers the most (aside from me) is Boyfriend. I'm totally emotionally unstable, and why anyone would voluntarily live with me is a complete mystery. He assures me that it's not a big deal, but the fact of the matter is the man has so much patience. Seriously. A week ago he asked me to clean up my clothes in his closet, and I started crying. (When I told Cynic about it, he said, "So what? Closet cleaning sucks. Justified," which made me laugh hysterically for quite some time.)

I was on line at the supermarket today, and there was a couple in front of me. They looked like they were in their late 40's. The man began flirting with the cashier in the next line, who was 18. He said, "You're pretty cute." She informed him that the cashier working his line was her boyfriend, but he tried to compete by talking about all the money he makes and the cars he drives. His wife was looking at the groceries but clearly listening to it all. She had a look on her face that said, "Why does he pull this shit?" I wanted to hit him with my soy milk. After they left, the cashier laughed and recounted the story to another cashier. She said that she lied about having a boyfriend because "some 50 year old guy was hitting on me... ewwwww!" Maybe if he knew he was being laughed at behind his back, he would stop disrespecting his wife in public. Prick.

1 comment:

WOLVERINE said...

It really does suck, though!

Guess it's a good thing I'm totally addicted to my wife, huh? Maybe too much...I stand in th' shower smellin' my shower gel 'cause it's th' same scent she wears.