Monday, April 21, 2008

I had a good weekend. Saturday I took for myself, not making any plans or obligations to fulfill. I spent a lot of time reading, writing, knitting, walking and even just laying in bed. It was restful.

Yesterday I had my knitting group. CLF met me while her husband went to play golf with Boyfriend (I joked that we had such gendered activities planned for the day). We then met two other women our age and had a nice conversation. One of them knits beanies for chemotherapy patients who lose their hair and the other fosters dogs from a rescue organization and knits dog sweaters and things that are then sold to raise money for the organization. I immediately felt good about the meeting because I really like people who are socially conscious. Once I get better at it, I am going to look into knitting for charities as well.

One of the women was a lot like CLF - they both lived in the same area, they are both married and they both talked about trying to buy a house. The other was more like me - a big reader who went through school a year early. It was kind of bizarre!

Last night I didn't sleep well at all and it is really affecting me today. *Snore*

No comments: