Thursday, April 10, 2008

The only people at my job who know why I was out last week are Boss, Friends From Work #1 and #2, New Boss and HR Lady. Today is my first day back and people keep asking where I was, or how my vacation went. I don't like to share personal information, especially the kind that makes things awkward, but I cannot bring myself to say with a smile, "It was a great! Yee ha!" so I wind up telling them the truth.

They get weird looks on their faces and apologize. I don't want them to apologize, I just can't pretend that I had a fun trip when I buried my father.

Life is so complicated sometimes.

1 comment:

cheekynomad said...

hmm, your old boss is cool and hopefully so is your new one. can you instruct them to tell others not to ask about your time off last week? people will get that something happened that they shouldnt ask about.