Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Almost Over

I have four days left here. Feeling quite crappy about having to go home, even though I really miss my family and friends. LDR's suck, in case you were wondering... but if the person is worth it, then it doesn't matter.

Anyway, since list form is easier and seems to work so well, here are some other things I have done:
  • Went to a few funky, artsy stores that contained items from countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Turkey, Brazil, Chile, India, China, Colombia, etc. Bought a small lamp that was made in Thailand, an incense holder with a Buddha on it (and plenty of incense), a Mexican skeletal figure (Day of the Dead), and some gifts for family.
  • Went shopping at the mall. Boyfriend bought me a Beatles Rubber Soul t-shirt when I wasn't paying attention. Got a strip of goofy photo booth pictures. Yeah, he's a good sport.
  • Threw off my sleeping schedule. It has become the norm to begin the day at around noon and go to sleep in the wee small hours of the morning. For example, at about 1:00 a.m. today, after enjoying a scintillating episode of Sex and the City, we went to a cafe and had breakfast. Nothing like French toast in the middle of the night.
  • Have not done enough of my work. In fact, I'm supposed to be doing it right now, since he's in class anyway.
  • Finally began taking pictures. It took me long enough.
  • Allowed Boyfriend to spoil me silly. He even cooks for me! According to him, since this is my vacation, I should sleep as much as I want and eat as much as I want (his words, not mine, I swear). I need to hit the gym when I get home, and hit it hard. By the way, we ate at a Thai restaurant earlier today and they had so many incredible statues. There was one right at our table so I took a picture of it to share with you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: