Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun

Still down South, y'all :) Having such a great time. Here are some things I have done in the past week:
  • Went to a used bookstore... bought Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko and I Don't Need You Any More by Arthur Miller.

  • Finished reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (for class)... it made me cry. Excellent excellent excellent. Can't wait until the movie "Capote" hits more theaters.

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Had way more fried food than I should have... I rarely eat it, but yesterday Boyfriend and I had an appetizer sampler that came with fried cheese, fried pickles, and fried macaroni and cheese (which I didn't know existed)... oh, my arteries.

  • Went to the coolest bar ever... twice... they have a stage with two pianos on it and the entire night is one massive singalong. The musicians play everything from Nirvana to Billy Joel to Journey to Fountains of Wayne to songs like "All My Ex's Live in Texas," or what they call "Redneck shit." They also bring people up to humiliate because it's their birthday or bachelorette party or whatever.

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Saw "Ben Franklin: Unplugged," a really funny one-man show by Josh Kornbluth.

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Went shopping... Boyfriend found me a t-shirt that says V is for Vegetarian and we got it for only $3.20.

  • Sent my friends some goofy postcards.

5 comments:

Andi said...

What part of TX are you visiting again??? I can't remember if you've mentioned it because I've been out of the loop with my head up my grad school ass. The state is glad to have you..I will assure you of that!

:o)

sojourness said...

Austin. Thanks Andi! How is grad school going? From what you've blogged, it sounds busy but fun :)

Andi said...

AAAAAGGGGHHH! Austin is awesome!

Grad school is busy as crap, but it is a lot of fun. I'm so intellectually stimulated I can't see straight.

Anonymous said...

I probably should just email you but this is more fun. You're not the only one having fun, I went to the gym last night and stayed for a 'boxing drills' class. I ache but I'm going back for more tonight (I paid the membership 4 months in advance,talk about motivation). The instructor was cute and I looked so dumb, I wasn't jabbing right and my hook sucks. lol

sojourness said...

Boxing? Hehe, so you can be my bodyguard. I'm kind of out of practice with Tae Bo ;)