Sunday, October 16, 2005

Trip Hoppin'

I'm home. Feeling so torn right now. When my plane was taking off this morning, I was close to tears. When it was landing, I had a huge smile on my face. Very glad to be home and with my fam again, but miss Boyfriend already. It will be a month until I see him next. *Sigh*

I am running on two hours of sleep at this point. Fell asleep at around 2:00 a.m. and had to wake up at 4:00 in order to catch my 6:45 flight. It was a crazy morning. The cab we had ordered for 5:10 didn't come until around 5:35, which got me worried. The cab driver was a cool guy, though. He asked where I'm from, and when I told him, he guessed that I must be Irish. When Boyfriend informed him that I'm also half Italian, he said, "Parli italiano?" ("Do you speak Italian?") I said, "Sì. Un poco." ("Yes. A little.") Then he said, "Let me try to remember how to say this: Io vivo in Italia per due anni." ("I live[d] in Italy for two years.") It was pretty cool.

I got to the airport and forgot that I had four quarters in the pocket of my jeans. I tried to go through the metal detectors twice and since it beeped both times, they made me stand to the side and wait for someone to come over and officially inspect me. I was supposed to be boarding at that time, so I was freaking out a little bit. The woman who came over used that hand-held thing and even after I took the change out of my pockets, the underwire of my bra was setting it off. Geez Louise. I got to the gate just in time to board.

When I got off the plane and left the airport to wait for my ride, I couldn't believe how chilly it was. I had just been wearing tank tops a couple of days ago and now my sweatshirt wasn't sufficient. One of my mother's friends picked me up and when I got in the car, asked me, "So, do you miss him yet?" to which I answered in the affirmative.

I'm a zombie right now. Have done a little unpacking and have doled out the family gifts, but am so damn tired that I can't do another thing. Tomorrow is going to be fun: it's Read-Pages-And-Pages-
And-Write-The-Paper-You-Were-Supposed-To-Have-Written-
Already-You-Lazy-Fuck-Day
.

Still, my trip was wonderful with a capital W and I will write more about it when I'm well rested.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you too rudolph



petey pab. mothafuckaaa

sojourness said...

:)

I keep walking around the house singing, "Why do you drink? ... To get drunk!" Sister is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Anonymous said...

Um, you are.

sojourness said...

*Rolls eyes* It's a song, you.

Anonymous said...

Still are.