Friday, October 28, 2005

The Girl Who Does Yoga

Oh my gosh. It's Friday? I completely missed HNT, didn't I? Wow. Midterm season really throws everything out of whack. My apologies.

I got out of class early today and I'm in the HC lounge at school. I have two choices: I could either sit here and blog, or I could go to the gym. Considering that I went yesterday and I'm going tomorrow morning, I think I'll stay here. There's no need to overdo anything, you know.

It's totally empty. Perhaps because it's Friday and other people have actual plans. I could have had plans, I just choose not to. (That's something losers say, isn't it?) Actually, I'm going to visit Father tonight so I can redeem myself for being the firstborn from hell.

Last night I went to my very first yoga class. It was an hour and a half long, and I just loved it. You gotta love being in college and getting everything for free. Speaking of which, let me backtrack to earlier in the day. I went to see the campus nutritionist yesterday, and that went well too. Planning to go see her every other week. Accountability is good for someone like me. I have only seen her once before, last April, when I first became a vegetarian. Yesterday, she told me the same thing she told me then: "You're not eating enough." Sweetheart, if I wasn't eating enough, I wouldn't be here. I knew that I had to show you a list of everything I ate in the past few days, so I was afraid to eat anything! Regardless, she was very helpful and I am pretty excited about the whole thing.

Yoga was so great, I cannot tell you. The lights were low, the music played, and it was both strenuous and relaxing at the same time. It was pretty funny, though, because the whole CD was full of yoga-y songs with the sitar and all that, and then the last track sounded like Kenny G or something. I was lying on my mat, eyes closed, palms up to receive tranquility, thinking "What the...?" At the end of the class, the instructor read a Buddhist verse that said to treat all people with respect because in the cycles of birth, death and rebirth, everyone has been your mother at some point, and she laughed out loud. She said that was the first time one of them had ever made her laugh.

I'm so glad the weekend is here. Mine will be filled with an early morning aerobics class, picking out new glasses, dinner with friends, and probably a lot of reading. Oh, and watching the last hour and a half of that four-hour PBS miniseries on Henry VIII's wives (soooo good man).

No comments: