Sunday, November 26, 2006

i was going to go to an "ethical society" meeting this morning - you know, humanism and pastries - but my tummy hurt so i stayed home. boyfriend and i are going to spend our afternoon in a coffee shop by the lake so we can get some work done. sounds like a fun sunday activity.

i had been wondering how i would work up the nerve to ask my mom if i could have my car in the spring. it will be expensive to ship it so i thought maybe boyfriend and i could road trip it across country. i mean, i'm tired of hopping across the highway on foot, man. but i wasn't sure if she would go for it. this morning, we're talking on the phone and to my surprise she says, "so what's your plan? you're home for the holidays, then you're moving back to texas? how long will you be there, a year?" i said, "well, at least until the summer, then i don't know." so she says, "why don't you take your car? it's just sitting here." (it's really her car but she uses the family car and this one has always been "my" car.) "well, yeah, i was going to ask you about that, mom. i need to look into how much it would cost to ship..." "nah, that's too expensive, why don't you just drive down?"

i was shocked and pleased. i don't know if we will actually do it but it's good to have the option.

2 comments:

WOLVERINE said...

Heh you should know by now yer ma's always on the same page as her kids.

Anonymous said...

wow, that's like my mom telling me to have fun with my friends on thanksgiving and to ditch the family cuz it'd be too stressful.

ttys,
Nomad