- He says things like, "Do you mind if we look around in the Pottery Barn for a bit?"
- Every night he prepares and packs my breakfast and lunch so I can take it with me to work in the morning, and when I get home, he has dinner ready. He works and goes to school just like I do, and when I tell him not to do all that, he argues, "I enjoy it."
- When I am really stressed, he takes the bus all the way to where I work, up north, to have lunch with me. Then he takes the bus all the way back.
- He bought me a vintage copy of a romantic novel for no reason.
- After two years he still buys me flowers.