Monday, July 23, 2007

Scrawled in my notebook:

7 - I don't know what day it is. Sick in bed. Real sick. Throat = burning, scratching, agony, pain! pain! pain! Ears = pain! Neck = pain! Glands = swollen and lumpy. Hair = matted with sweat. Eyes = glazed over. How long have I been in this bed in Boyfriend's aunt's apartment, sucking down cough syrup and reading every book his cousins own? I was supposed to go home to my family today and fly home on Tuesday morning, but looks like plans must change as I can't move.

This morning Boyfriend took me to the emergency room which, thankfully, was just across the street. I have a throat infection. They gave me penicillin and some painkillers that make me want to heave up my insides and then pass out. But at least it kills the pain.

Changed my flight to Saturday and wrote an email to my boss, including the information about the hospital visit so he takes me seriously and does not give my job to the Marketing intern who wears short shorts.

3 comments:

WOLVERINE said...

Why is it every time you come back to NY you get seriously sick?

Andi said...

Gosh, I hope you're feeling MUCH MUCH better soon.

Anonymous said...

i hope you really feel better