Thursday, July 19, 2007

The vacation has been good so far, for the most part. It got off to a stressful beginning only because my family home is stressful and always will be, but it is wonderful to spend time with my sisters and to see Boyfriend again. Sounds crazy since we live together but that week alone was the pits. And his parents are totally sweet.

Of course I was nervous about meeting them but all has gone extremely well. His mother gave me a pair of earrings and a necklace that I love. We all went to my favorite museum together, and to dinner in Little Italy. When I left today, his father said, "When are you coming back?" and seemed glad to hear 'tomorrow' as my response. After I left the house we ran into each other as they came back from shopping, me on one side of the street and them on the other. Boyfriend's father called across to me, "Tomorrow!" :)

I love these little girls and sometimes it makes me want to cry that I live so far away and that they get upset when they count off the days of my trip on the calendar. I just know in my heart, though, that staying here at this point, when I cannot afford a life of my own outside of this house, would not be in my best interest. And if I'm not okay, it doesn't help them much.

No comments: