Thursday, February 15, 2007

Okay, so we decided to stay. I don't even want to get into why, this visa/immigration stuff is so complicated even I don't understand it after talking about it for weeks. We feel it is less risky to stay here and so we are. I have to say that I am relieved. This makes me disappointed in myself - why wouldn't I be dying to go somewhere new? I just think the timing was bad and it wouldn't have been a fun visit anyway, what with us all afraid about his visa. We will go one day soon and it will be nice then.

Plus now I don't have to quit my job, and I am really starting to feel at home here. Everyone I work with is great and I am in that comfortable place that comes after working somewhere for a few months. There this little Sojourness-shaped space in the company, know what I mean?

The bastards who promised to pick up my car for shipping 3 weeks ago in order to steal our deposit finally want to pick it up this weekend. They also want to charge us $50 more than the quote, which is some damn nerve after making us wait almost a month. Boyfriend is going to fight with them because I am super passive. Sure, it's a gender stereotype, but it's true for us. I make him be the bad cop. I would tell them to go to hell and go with another company if it were not for the fact that I'm running sprints across the highway twice a day.



Boss put two red roses on the desk of every woman in the company yesterday (it's a small company). We had an office pizza party with heart-shaped pizza! Boyfriend and I spent the evening at home - he made dinner, we drank wine and I forced him to sit through the best movie EVER. It was lovely.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Sounds like an excellent V-day, and this from a woman who pretends the holiday doesn't exist. Yours really sounds enjoyable!