Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back in Austin. Getting to the airport yesterday was loads of fun considering I was picked up by a crotchety old man in a crotchety old car who took the long way there, resulting in being stuck in traffic and spending an hour in the car when I do not live an hour from the airport. Not only was the man observing the speed limit (and then some), but he was eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups while steering with his wrists. This annoyed me until he offered me one. Even so, it was a little stressful. I was at the very edge of sanity to begin with because of recent stresses.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't fly ATA airlines unless you're skinny, because if you have a fat ass, you're in for a tight squeeze. I know it's cheap, but you pay for it in human suffering.

2. Don't eat two kati rolls and two pastries, even if you spread it out over two meals, because you're going to come dangerously near to puking on the connecting flight.

3. Don't expect to come home to a journalism fellowship acceptance letter in the mailbox, because it didn't happen, and you suck.

1 comment:

Narrator said...

You don't suck. They suck for not having you.