Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home sweet home

I'm home tonight after a day of travel. The girls hugged and pulled at me, the baby didn't scream at the sight of my face... good homecoming.

Today my brown boyfriend and I were informed that we had been selected for random additional screening. Apparently this happens to him basically every time he flies, but it was a first for me. (Did the woman at the desk who fulfilled our seats-together request put a little note in the computer or what?) Anyway, it was unpleasant to say the least. They went through my purse, they patted me down as if I had weapons concealed... Ugh. But don't misunderstand me, I am all for airport security, since it is, you know, random and all.

''Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.''
- Benjamin Franklin, founding father of the United States of America

Neither of us was running on much sleep and we had to connect in Dallas (hey, Andi!) which was a pain in the butt considering how close it is to Austin by plane and how short the total flight is generally. I became so delirious I was laughing hysterically at everything Boyfriend said and pretending to pick my nose and put it in his drink. I mean, seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...And here I thought I was being funny

:(

Narrator said...

Welcome to my world. My family and I got star service treatment by some cocksucker border guards between New York and Ontario. It ain't easy being brownish.