Sunday, March 11, 2007


Today is a rainy day, and I met the only person from my failed book club who lasted as a friend for a movie. We saw "Amazing Grace" because I was dying to see it. She hadn't heard about it at all, didn't know what it was about or anything, but said she really liked it afterwards. So did I. You should go see it; it's about William Wilberforce and the abolitionist movement in England.

Neither of us could decide if we wanted popcorn or candy, so we got one of those insanely expensive, insanely large combo "deals" (they use the term quite loosely). Oh my goodness. A bucket of popcorn, Reese's Pieces and enough soda to drown a small animal. Gotta love a rainy day at the movies with a girlfriend.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I wanna go to the movies, but there's really nothing calling to me at the moment. Maybe I'll go see Ghost Rider just for the popcorn.