Saturday, December 16, 2006

this is a good week for me. not only did i get a 'B' in chemistry, but i was only 23 points short of an 'A.' at first i felt really shitty because if i had done just a bit better on a test or homework or something, i might have gotten the 'A,' but whatever. the 'B' is good news for me.

this morning i finished "lamb: the gospel according to biff, christ's childhood pal" and, i have to say, it was one of the best books i have read in a long time. not only was it funny and interesting, but it really got to me emotionally. the characters of biff and joshua (jesus) and maggie (mary magdalene), starting out as childhood friends and going up to adulthood... wow. i am so sorry that it's over. 400-something pages but i wish it would have gone on forever, it was that good. i'm going to get one to give to veteran seeker for his birthday.

last night was my company's holiday party. it was dinner and drinks on a cruise on town lake. boyfriend and i had a great time, although we were so exhausted from finals that we wanted to leave after a couple of hours but couldn't unless we wanted to swim back, hehe. we came home and just crashed. all in all, a good time was had. the guy who drives me home and has an office right next to me hugged me when i said goodbye because i won't be back for at least a month. my boss gave me permission to stay home until the end of january so i can be there for my father's birthday.

2 comments:

cheekynomad said...

congratulations!!! welcome to the workforce.

Narrator said...

Sojo, I'm totally gonna read it now that you've given it the thumbs up. It's been on my shelf for a year and a week. I hug you.

Happy BIG happy birthday to your dad. Have a wonderful time at home.